Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Bringing this Blog back to life. ☆ Maid Café

Maid Café 'Maidreaming' in Shibuya
Hey folks,

It's been a while that I updated here. Actually it has been about 4 crazy years. A lot of things happened and as you might already know I'm doing my Working Holiday in Japan.
Therefore I wanna revive this Blog and with this entry I also wanna start to update you about my life in Japan.
As you might know I already updated some posts on my Facebookpage and you most likely will come to this site through one of my Facebook posts. The reason why I wanna continue to write down detailed updates about my working holiday via blogspot is mostly the way the pictures are displayed. Additionally you can create the text much nicer then on Facebook.
I don't wanna waste too much time so I just gonna start with a small update about my first time at a Maid Café.
Here we go!!

Melonsoda (Bear-Style) ♥
I made my first experience at a Maid Café together with a half Japanese friend and my Japanese colleague.
My colleague made a reservation at the Maid Café 'Maidreaming' in Shibuya for us, which has several Maid Café's around Tokyo (especially Akihabara) and offers menus in different languages.
The Café is designed in a 'pixel-style' and they have blocks hanging from the ceiling as in Super Mario. If you'd touch them they changed the color and made sounds. The design of the whole Maid Café was pretty nerdy but I liked it.
When we arrived we got seated by a cute Japanese girl in a maid dress. As expected she always talked in a cute way and added "nyan's" to her sentences. Before we were allowed to order she explained us some rules.
giant Omelette with Ketchup-drawing
"No pictures. No touchy touchy.", she said. Her English wasn't fluent but good enough that I understood her. She made us a 'membership card' (Japanese seem to be crazy about this) where we could choose a Nickname which she started to call us whenever she talked to us and put some bunny and cat headbands on our heads. Then she explained the menu and told us to call her by calling out 'nyan nyan' when we decided.
The Maid Café had several menus with different... let's call it 'special offers' like drawing with ketchup on a supersized omlette, menus with polaroid or a live show, several cute decorated drinks and much more.
I decided on a melon soda drink with ice cream that was decorated like a bear, my friend ordered a Cappuccino with a drawing and my colleague ordered a super sized omlette which included ketchup-drawing and a polaroid picture.
Of course the maid didn't only bring the food, she also did 'Moe Moe' on it so it would taste much more delicious. It tasted pretty good for sure and the Maid came to our table pretty often to talk with us.
Membershipcard, Lighter & Polaroid
In the end she asked us to write and draw something into their 'guestbook' and if we wanted to we could do a rating on tripadviser and therefore got a free ticket for a mini tombola where my colleague and I won a lighter and my friend won a badge.

In the end... how would I rate the whole experience? Honestly I was pretty amused, since the maid was so cute and caring, but my colleague seemed kinda embarrassed, which I somehow understand, since it felt a little bit weird to me too.
Unlikely then I expected I've seen some couples dating at the Maid Café and also a businessman who simply sipped a beer and then left, like he was just making a quick stop at a bar or something.
The only thing I pretty much disliked was the damn high prizes for food & beverage.
I'd recommend this Maid Café thought I've heard that there are much better ones.

Have you ever been to a Maid Café before? Tell me your experience!

Yours,
Miharu Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment