Sunday, December 22, 2013

REVIEW #1 “SECRETLY AND GREATLY”

romanized: eunmilhage widaehagenative (은밀하게 위대하게)
english: Covertness
literal: Secretly And Greatly
aka: Secret To Greatness
episodes: 1
duration: 124min
release: 2013
rated: ★★★★★
image

This will be a short review on this blog and I'm a little bit excited, but let's start with it. The first movie I'll review here is the so called movie "Secret To Greatness". I just finished watching it and before I go into details I'll tell you that this movie is a very sad one. A friend suggested it to me since she knew that I am a fan of Park Ki Woong and I already had it on my 'to watch list' anyway. She told me to prepare some tissues and it was good I did as she told me. I didn't cried so much since I watched 'Bridal Mask'. The movie in general is well made, the plot is fluent and the cast is consists of three very handsome guys. I already told you that Ki Woong played a part in it, right? And as I read the main cast I also realized that the artist of Eun Gyeol from 'To The Beatiful You' is taking part in it was well. I already liked him in that Dorama and he fitted into that role extremely well! All in all I can say I would like watch the movie again, the only thing I would have liked to be different is that they could have gone more into details about the different characters past and relationship towards each other. Beside this I can absolutely suggest the movie to everyone who likes dramatic stories.

plot:
The basic essence in the movie is the conflict between South and North Korea. The protagonist is a young elite soldier of the North Korean army and gets the order to infiltrate to South Korea. Spending his days there while pretending to be the neighbors idiot he more and more comes to get used to this live. For a long time he doesn't receive any orders from the North and wonders if they forgot about him. But soon two new North Korean spies appear in the neighborhood and since they don't have any special orders the protagonist and the other two spend their days in the neighborhood which becomes like a family to them.
Everyday is idle and they are waiting eagerly for their next order until the day they receive the order to commit suicide.

main cast:
image

No comments:

Post a Comment