Friday, April 7, 2017

Hokkaido - Hakodate • Day 5 + 6

Ok, loves!
The adventure continues. After a sleepless night at the public toilet in Niseko we  decided to skip the 'sightseeing' at this place and took the first train that would bring us to our next destination, Hakodate.
This time it was a rather long trip because Hakodate is pretty much in the western south of Hokkaido. At first we took a train and transferred into a bus. With the bus we drove, according to google maps 149 stops until we reached our goal. On the way to Hakodate I asked my travel companion where we wanna stay the night, because we at first said we wanted to stay at an internet cafe again but I was pretty sleepy I felt like I wanted to relax in a hotel first and get refreshed so I asked him if we maybe book a hotel room instead and calm down from the last night. He agreed and we quickly found a nice and not too expensive hotel close to the station of Hakodate.
Of course it wasn't check in time when we arrived yet, as said, we took the first train, but we were able to give them our luggage and spent the time by walking around the area. We found a little food court and grabbed some in shio-ramen (salt-ramen) which are famous in Hakodate because of the Chinese influence in the local cuisine. It tasted pretty light if you compare it to the common miso based ramen.
Nabe Dish
Afterwards we took a look around the food court a little more and found a shop that sold strawberry gyoza and we decided to come back to the shop in the evening. It was almost time to check in and we made our way back to the hotel. I took a long bath and we relaxed for a bit and planned our evening and the next day.
As we got hungry we decided to go to the food court again. Now that it was early in the evening the place was much more lively and we took a seat at the restaurant that sold strawberry gyoza. Unfortunately it was a seasoned offer and they told us that they didn't have any at the moment, but they had black gyoza (with squit tint), pumpkin gyoza and djingis khan gyoza (with lamp meat). I ordered the pumpkin gyoza instead and my friend tried the other two versions. It was nice trying some different gyoza but of course we were still hungry.
do you see me? :D 
We wanted to grab something at the combini but then passed by a very interesting restaurant that offers Nabe (pot-dishes). Spontaneously we changed our plan and ate there. It was very delicious and had a lot of vegetables and tofu. In the end we struggled finishing the pot but we did it.
With a filled stomach we went back to our hotel. I almost immediately passed out. The day was really exhausting and my body way screaming for sleep.
On the following day we went to the fish market. I'm not really a friend of this kind of stuff since the day I had the encounter with the fish restaurant (click here to read the story) but they also had a little flew market and a few meters ahead there was a little shopping/omiage mall and a little park. We made our way through all this interesting looking stuff and made our way back to the Hakodate Station where we had locked up our luggage once again.
Then we headed to the place that was my number one 'must see' for the Hokkaido-Trip.
I'm talking about the Goryōkaku, a fort that has the shape of a star. Of course it was extremely crowded and packed with tourists but the view was worth it. I actually also wanted to take a walk in the park too but since it was already dark and cold we only went up the observation platform.
If I have the chance to come once again I really wanna take a walk there.
Because it was late already and our stomachs demanding food we got some from the combini and checked in to a close internet café. Again they had a cozy mattress, a lot of manga, food and drinks, blankets and a shower.
I was quite happy that the days worked out without any more trouble, though it felt like my companion was still kinda pissed, but well...
Our next destination was Toya, but this is another story that I will tell you about in the next entry.

Yours,
Miharu

No comments:

Post a Comment