Monday, April 17, 2017

Hokkaido - Toya & Chitose • Day 7 + 8 (the End)

Welcome back my loves,
this is going to be the last entry about Hokkaido and I hope you enjoyed reading it up till now.
After Hakodate we continued to Toya, which is a famous place for Onsen and I wanted to see the Toya Lake too. As I remember the way was pretty long again, but again we've been to early for check in. We had booked a room at a rather old Ryokan (japanese style hotel) and just quickly left our luggage there to take a walk along Lake Toya. At one of the pier was a boat for a small trip around the lake and since it was just about to discard we quickly bought a ticket and enjoyed the shipping trip. Afterwards we continued our walk and came a long a 'foot-onsen' where you could warm your feet. Unfortunately I was wearing tights but my companion enjoyed the bath, haha.
We were getting hungry soon so we looked out for a restaurant but it seemed like all restaurants were already closed. Don't know why. Instead we found a little café that was said to be kinda famous for its Oshiruko (sweet white bean soup) and I really wished the cup was bigger because it was so delicious. I took a soup with marshmallows and a with ice filled rice cake. My friend had a Matcha Tea with Dorayaki (sweet pancake like bread with red beans, which is also Doraemons [famous Anime Character] favorite food).
As said none of the other restaurants was open so we went to a combini and grab some stuff there.
Then we went back to our hostel and had dinner. Since the ryokan had an onsen we decided to take a bath as well. Honestly it was my first time at an onsen, because I was always unsure about my tattoos but since the hotel seemed to be pretty empty I took the chance to take a sneak into the women's onsen. Nobody was there so I had no worries about bothering someone because of my Tattoos. The water was nicely warm and I was able to relax for about one hour and almost felt asleep. Afterwards I felt like a new born and went back to the room.
Later in the evening there was a firework announced and we were able to perfectly see it from our rooms window.
For the next day we planned to do something for our education and went to the Ainu Museum in Shiraoi. For those who don't know: Ainu are the aborigines of Hokkaido. It was very interesting and we were able to see a traditional dance, see old weapons, instruments and old clothes.
Beside from a little traditional show and exhibition they also were holding Ainu Dogs and bears. Yes, you are reading it right. I've been no 2m away from a huge bear and my friend feed it with 'bear-cookies' that you were able to buy. I think I don't need to point out that their way of holding these animals displeased me...
After Shiraoi we continued to Chitose so we wouldn't be far away from the airport. Once again our hotel was pretty nice and we had dinner at a near by restaurant. On the next day after our breakfast we wanted to explore Chitose a little more but it didn't really had much to offer expect from the Airport. Anyways we found a little mall, where we bought some Souvenirs and Omiage for our friends and colleagues and eventually headed to the Airport.
This was the end of our trip. I was pretty happy when I was able to sleep in my own room again, but I think the trip was pretty amazing and we saw a lot of things. Our trip was focused on the western part of Hokkaido so maybe I want to go once again and see the eastern part. In total we traveled 622km through Hokkaido and even though we had a unpleasant encounter at Niseko I don't regret a single meter that we walked. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for my next longer trip which will be Okinawa in May. I still gotta get my license translated but when that's done nothing can stop me, haha.
I hope you liked my little stories about Hokkaido and you are looking forward to read about Okinawa too.
If there are any questions left feel free to ask me. ♥ 

our route around Hokkaido
Yours,
Miharu

No comments:

Post a Comment